Cancelled... 🙁

Waylaid by COVID!

Northern Lights Refuge Logo

Dear bears, leathermen and pups,

With heavy hearts, we find ourselves having to cancel our great event before it even gets going.

Several facts have brought us to this decision but the ultimate reason for cancelling is that we don’t feel we could offer attendees a first class get together under the public health restrictions that are still in place in Ottawa and with COVID cases still climbing, it seems very unlikely that conditions will improve before November 19th.

Bruce House LogoWe hate that we are dashing people’s hopes for some social interaction but we promise that we will put together another fine event as soon as it is safe to do so.

In the meantime, as promised we will be issuing refunds to everyone who purchased tickets to Out of Captivity. We ask for your patience as it will take us several days to process everything.

You should see a reimbursement credit to your payment method within the next two weeks at the latest.

If you do not see this credit after October 18, please reach out to us using the contact form below.

We cannot cancel anyone’s hotel bookings so you will have to contact them directly (Swiss Hotel 613-237-0335) if you currently have a reservation with them.

We want to thank you all for your support and we have one last request to make of you…

This event was intended as a fundraiser but the charities, Northern Lights Refuge and Bruce House, still need your financial help. Please consider visiting their sites and making a donation.

Yours in friendship,

– the Out of Captivity organizing committee

Contact Us


A great event is made even greater by sponsors and we have been blessed with excellent partnerships for Out of Captivity. Please be sure to thank them with your patronage.